Recycling and Waste Reduction
- Shropshire Council – information on recycling and rubbish.
- Ludlow Pride of Place – a small group of volunteers committed to keeping Ludlow clean and litter free and to encouraging locals and visitors to dispose of litter properly and recycle where possible.
- Ludlow Repair Café – The repair café runs four times a year. If you have something that is broken, don’t bin it, bring it and the volunteers will repair it if they can.
- Ludlow and Leominster Freegle – The local group of a national system that allows you to give and receive unwanted items via the internet. This is a wonderful way to recycle goods and reduce landfill – all transactions must be free!
- Freecycle – The Freecycle Network™ is made up of many individual groups across the globe. It’s a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns.
- The Furniture Scheme – The Furniture Scheme is a social enterprise which aims to protect the environment and relieve poverty. They started out in response to a need expressed by the community, and collect donated furniture and household items to deliver to people on low incomes living in this area. They also sell a wide range of furniture and household items to the public from their warehouse on Weeping Cross Lane, Ludlow.
- Scrappies – based in Church Stretton collect worthwhile scrap and sort it, use it, make things with it, pass it on, or sell it to members, who in their turn use it for the benefit and education of children. They also organise Workshops, Training Sessions and Birthday Parties.