Ludlow 21 has been working with the Rural Communities Energy Fund and Sharenergy to study issues around energy supply to small rural communities who are not on the gas grid. We studied whether shared ground-source heat pumps could provide an effective alternative. You can download the report here.
Following the recent publication of the “Zero Carbon Britain” by CAT, Ludlow21 is looking at the energy needs of Ludlow anew. We are starting a programme of work set out here:
1. Ask your community group to state their support for the Local Electricity Bill by contacting Power for People via this webpage:
2. Ask other members of your community group, or a neighbour or a friend to sign up to the campaign. You can direct them this webpage:
Your efforts will help us build more Parliamentary support for the Bill which, if made law, would deliver more local, clean energy and accelerate a green economic recovery.
If you are interested in joining in, please CONTACT: email@example.com
We have also created a map (and notes) of the zero-carbon local energy schemes in the area. If you know of others, please let us know.
As you may know, Ludlow 21 is a shareholder in the Neen Sollars Community hydro scheme. More information (undated Nov. 2018) can be found here.
Archived reports from the Energy working group is available here:
USEFUL DOCUMENTS CAN BE FOUND HERE:4
- Download presentations from the Centre for Sustainable Energy: zero-carbon West Midlands
- UK CLIMATE CHANGE COMMITTEE – LATEST REPORTS
- LATEST GUIDE for LOCAL AUTHORITIES from the Town and Country Planning Association
- Low-carbon-neighbourhood-planning-guidebook from TCPA/Centre for Sustainable Energy
- The MARCHES LEP Energy Plan
- Leeds University report on Low-carbon energy costs
- ‘CanDo’ cities .